The DDC-Online post Test includes 25 concerns pulled randomly from the following bank of questions -QUESTIONS:1. The solitary most common cause of motor car collisions is improper driving. True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. Improper steering is the single most common reason of motor auto collisions.
You are watching: In poor driving conditions the first steps
2. What is defensive driving?control to conserve lives, time, and also money in spite of the conditions roughly you and the actions of others. (correct)Following the rules of the road.Driving only once it is safe to carry out so.Avoiding aggressive motorists FEEDBACK: protective driving can be characterized as control to conserve lives, time, and also money, regardless of the conditions about you and the actions of others.
3. The three straightforward steps the the DDC Collision avoidance Formula are ________.Prevent, Avoid, UnderstandAnalyze, Decide, ReactRecognize,_Understand,_Act_(correct)">Recognize, Understand, act (correct)Reflect, Reframe, Refocus FEEDBACK: Recognize, Understand, and also Act correctly gradually are the three simple steps of the DDC Collision prevention Formula.
4. The three stages of a collision include: 1. The auto Crash; 2. The person Crash; and 3. The exterior Crash.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. The 3 stages the a collision include: 1. The automobile Crash; 2. The human being Crash; and 3.The interior Crash.
5. In a collision, unbelted rear-seat occupants can end up being high-speed projectiles striking human being in the prior seat. As a result, the front-seat passenger’s hazard of fatality greatly increases.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. In a collision, unbelted rear-seat occupants come to be high-speed projectiles striking world in the former seat. As a result, the front-seat passenger’s risk of death greatly increases.
6. A person’s capability to journey safely deserve to be impaired by usage of certain over-the-counter drugs?True (correct)False FEEDBACK: Yes, a person’s capacity to journey safely deserve to be impaired by the usage of particular prescription and also over-the-counter drugs. Because that instance, extreme drowsiness, mental confusion, and also breathing difficulty can an outcome from mixing alcohol and particular cough, cold, and also allergy medications.
7. Follow to one nationwide Highway website traffic Safety administration (NHTSA) research of multi-state deadly collisions, how many drivers had drugs other than alcohol in their bodies?One in 5 (correct)One in sixOne in sevenOne in eight FEEDBACK: according to one national Highway traffic Safety management (NHTSA) study of multi-state fatal collisions, practically one in five drivers had drugs other than alcohol in their bodies.
8. Use the ________ to keep alert and also be prepared to clues hazards.“What If?” strategy (correct)Four RsDelayed acceleration techniqueRule that Thirds FEEDBACK: usage the “What If?” strategy to store alert and also be prepared to clues hazards once you are driving, look roughly at all the other vehicles. Choose one and think about what that driver could do that could reason you a problem. “What if the driver were to pull the end in front of you? What would certainly you do?” If we perform this block-by-block, mile-by-mile, this strategy will keep us mentally alert and also will likewise prepare united state for the 3rd step that the DDC Collision prevention Formula, exhilaration correctly, in time.
9. Safety and security belts boost our opportunity of making it through a collision by more than _____ percent.20304050 (correct) FEEDBACK: security belts rise our opportunity of surviving a collision by much more than 50 percent.
10. In a vehicle equipped v an airbag, exactly how much an are should over there be in between the driver’s chest and also the facility of the steering wheel?. PRETEST and POSTTEST bank7 to 10 inches9 come 12 inches12 to 15 customs (correct)15 to 18 inch FEEDBACK: There need to be 12 come 15 inches between the driver’s chest and the facility of the steering wheel.
11 some physical conditions of a driver the can contribute to a collision encompass age, and vision.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. Age and vision are some of the physical problems of a driver that can add to a collision.
12. Of all the everyday driving problems we meet, we can only regulate ourselves and ________.The roadOur vehicle (correct)The lightThe website traffic FEEDBACK: Of all the everyday driving problems we meet, we deserve to only manage ourselves and also our vehicle.
13. In poor driving conditions, the an initial steps we must take are to ________ and ________.journey to the right; slow downDrive to the shoulder; stopSlow down; increase complying with distance (correct)Cover the brake; scan ahead FEEDBACK: In negative driving conditions, the an initial steps we need to take are to slow down and increase adhering to distance.
14. When driving behind a big truck, if you can’t see the van two external mirrors, you room ________.complying with too closelyDriving in the driver’s blind spotUnable to scan the roadway aheadAll of over (correct) FEEDBACK: every one of the over are correct.
15. ________ is the encourage safe adhering to distance in good conditions.One secondTwo secondsThree secs (correct)Four secs FEEDBACK: Three seconds is the encourage safe following distance in great condition.
16. ________ is the number one unsafe driving habits that contributes to violations and also collisions.Right-of-wayImproper turnsFollowing also closelyToo much or unsafe speed (correct) FEEDBACK: Too lot or unsafe rate is the number one unsafe driving behavior that contributes to violations and also collision.
17. Usage the delay acceleration method when ________.wait to go v an intersection (correct)Starting to pass one more vehicleWaiting to merge onto one expresswayAvoiding a head-on collision FEEDBACK: use the delayed acceleration method when waiting to go with an intersection.
18. Statistically speaking, where are your chances highest for a collision?In a parking lotAt one intersection (correct)On an expresswayOn a rural road FEEDBACK: Statistically speaking, your possibilities are highest possible for a collision as soon as you room at one intersection.
19. As soon as approaching any intersection, the best method to prevent a collision is come ________.review the road aheadCover the brake and also scan front (correct)Follow the three-second rule.Maintain speed and cover the brake FEEDBACK: once approaching any type of intersection, one method to stop a collision is come cover the brake and scan the road ahead. Spanning the brake method you will certainly be all set to react and also stop faster in case of a hazard.
20. Prior to passing one more vehicle, the very first major action is come ________.check blind spotsTurn top top the directional signalDecide if the pass is vital (correct)Divide the pass right into thirds FEEDBACK: prior to passing an additional vehicle, the first major action is to decide if the pass is necessary. Inspect your following distance. Room you at least 3 seconds behind the vehicle in prior of you? Is that auto traveling in ~ a reasonable speed? Next, inspect your speed. Will certainly you require to rise to an unsafe speed, or end the legal border to happen or overtake an additional vehicle? answering “yes” to these questions means you probably do not have to pass.
21. Follow the 4 Rs (Read, Right, Reduce, and Ride) once ________.preventing a head-on collision (correct)Following also closelyApproaching one intersectionIncreasing complying with distance FEEDBACK: A head-on collision is the many fatal kind of collision. When one more vehicle is headed right at you, friend only have actually a few seconds to decide what to do to get out the the way. The nationwide Safety council has emerged a lifesaving method for motorists to usage to prevent a head-on collision. The is dubbed the four Rs: Read, Right, Reduce, and also Ride.
22. The is acceptable to rise the rate of your vehicle over the legal rate limit to pass or overtake another vehicle ~ above the road.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. It is never ever acceptable to boost the rate of your vehicle over the legal speed limit to happen or overtake an additional vehicle top top the road. Speeding is a conscious an option made by chauffeurs for i m sorry they are responsible. Drivers who select excessive speed think they space taking control, but just the opposite happens. Higher speed reduces part physical control of the vehicle’s steering and increases its avoiding distance. This method it reduces the moment a driver needs to avoid a collision and increases the chance for and also severity the the collision.
23. If that is raining and also you are tired while driving, how plenty of seconds of complying with distance need to you use?TwoThreeFourFive (correct) FEEDBACK: If it is raining and also you are worn down while driving, girlfriend should include 5 seconds following distance. Utilizing the 3-second following distance rule, include at the very least 2 more seconds to equal 5 seconds full following distance.
24. Zero-tolerance legislations prohibit the possession and use of alcoholic beverages through drivers and also vehicle inhabitants under the period of _____.161821 (correct)24 FEEDBACK: Zero-tolerance laws prohibit the possession and use of alcohol addict beverages through drivers and also vehicle occupants under age 21. Says pass these regulations to discourage alcohol consumption by motorists under age 21. In various other words, castle are legislations intended to protect against needless death and also injury. Zero-tolerance laws provide that any amount of alcohol in the body of a driver under age 21 is one offense. The offender’s driver’s license might be suspended because that a period of time or revoked.
25. If you space driving a automobile equipped with an anti-lock brake system (ABS), and the car starts to skid, girlfriend should: turn the steering wheel __________________.In the direction you want the former of the vehicle to walk (correct)In the contrary direction you desire the front of the automobile to goBack and forth in both directionsDo not rotate the steering wheel FEEDBACK: If you room driving a automobile equipped v an anti-lock brake system (ABS), and also the vehicle starts come skid, you should: rotate the steering wheel in the direction you desire the front of the auto to go.
26. Once you approach a car using your high-beam lights, friend should:Look to the center of the road.Turn on her high-beam lights.Look to the side of the roadway at the white line. (correct)Turn on your low-beam lights. FEEDBACK: once you strategy a vehicle using your high-beam lights, you have to look to the next of the roadway at the white line.
27. Statistically speaking, around how many times in your life will you be affiliated in a collision?TwoFourSix (correct)Eight FEEDBACK: Statistically speaking, you will certainly be affiliated in a collision at the very least six times in her life.
28. For every 10 miles per hour (16 kph) over 50 mph (80 kph), the risk of death in a web traffic collision is doubled.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. For every 10 miles every hour (16 kph) end 50 mph (80 kph), the hazard of fatality in a traffic collision is doubled.
29. The law plainly states i m sorry driver has the right-of-way.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. When it concerns the right-of-way, the truth is the law offers no driver the right-of-way. Traffic regulations only state who must yield the right-of-way. So, the old concept of “having” the right-of-way is wrong—so wrong the it can kill you!
30. In ~ 40 mph, what is this car’s reaction distance?30 feet33 feet40 feet44 feet (correct) FEEDBACK: Reaction distance is calculate by taking the an initial digit of your speedometer reading (which in this instance is 4) and including it come your full speed every hour (which in this instance is 40 mph). Based on this calculation, once traveling in ~ 40 mph, her car’s reaction street is 44 feet.
See more: Who Said, ' Keep Your Friends Close But Your Enemies Closer ?'
31. You must use the high-beam headlights to see and also to it is in seen. Also in foggy conditions, use the high-beam lightsTrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. You have to use the LOW-beam headlights to see and also to it is in seen. Also in foggy problems use the LOW-beam lights. High beams reflect the light directly earlier into our eyes. This have the right to impair our vision.